We’d love to hear about upcoming exhibitions, books, events and festivals from around the world. We will consider thoughtful reviews, tips and tricks, ‘how-to’ guides and other articles on all things photography.
Email [email protected] with the subject line ‘PITCH’.
GUIDELINES FOR WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS
Your pitch for a written article should include:
- A single-page summary of the article you intend to write, including an overview of your key points, an introduction or sample paragraph, and a list of sources you wish to interview or approach.
- A 120-word biography outlining your writing experience.
- Examples of your writing or links to published work.
Please ensure your subject and content is relevant to our audience of photographers, artists, collectors, photography lovers and enthusiasts.
SHARE YOUR PROJECT
You can submit still photography or videos of any genre or subject matter from anywhere in the world.
We allow one submission per artist per edition which is less than five years old and unpublished. Submissions are only open to adults over the age of 18.
You can send your work via https://wetransfer.com/, addressed to [email protected]. Please ensure your first name, last name and title are included in the ‘message’ field, e.g. ‘Jane_Smith_PhotoSubmission’. In the ‘enter message’ field, include your full name, project title and contact information, an artist statement describing the project (150-200 words) and an artist bio (up to 120 words).
GUIDELINES FOR STILL PHOTOGRAPHY SUBMISSIONS
You must include:
- 10-15 photographs of the largest original size
- No watermarks or borders (no surrounding black or white)
- In sRGB colour space
- Saved in 8 bit (not 16 bit)
- Saved as JPG compression level 8
- Name the file with your first name, surname and title separated by underscores, eg. ‘John_Smith_Title.jpg’
SPECIFICATIONS FOR VIDEO SUBMISSIONS
You must include:
- One frame as an image, to use as a link to the full video
- Save in HD 720P format (1280×720) as MPEG-4, compression H264
- Name the file with your first name, surname and title separated by underscores, eg. “John_Smith_Title.mp4”
Pitching does NOT guarantee inclusion in Head On Interactional, and we will ONLY contact you if we choose to include your work. We will not contact you if submission guidelines are not followed or files are corrupt or inaccessible.
Contributions of a certain length will be remunerated.
If your pitch is successful, we will contact you regarding word count, deadlines, and other relevant information. Your work may be edited by Head On editorial staff.
Copyright in any works – photographs or written articles – submitted will remain the property of the artist
Applicants warrant that all works submitted are original works created by the applicant and/or artists they are representing. They also warrant that the work submitted does not infringe any third party’s copyright, intellectual, property and/or moral rights or right to privacy, and are not defamatory or in breach of any law.
By submitting to Head On Interactional, you grant Head On Foundation a non-exclusive license in perpetuity to use all photographs and articles submitted, on the Head On Foundation website. Works published on Head On’s website are protected by copyright laws. They are not considered to be public domain.